What is BESTPRACTICE?
BESTPRACTICE is New Zealand’s ONLY quality accreditation programme that ensures a high standard of service and professionalism for veterinary clinics and hospitals in New Zealand.
It’s a quality assurance programme modelled on best practice overseas standards and adapted to suit the New Zealand veterinary environment.
Why choose a BESTPRACTICE accredited clinic:
BESTPRACTICE takes the risk out of choosing a veterinary practice. You can be sure you’ll get quality care at a BESTPRACTICE accredited clinic.
When you choose a BESTPRACTICE accredited clinic you can be sure of excellence in the following areas:
- Care: staff who care about you and your pet.
- Service: staff are well-presented professionals available for 24-hour emergency service.
- Training: all staff are professionally trained and experienced in veterinary medicine, surgery, animal health and welfare, have access to up-to-date materials, and are allocated time to ensure continuing professional development.
- Facilities: the veterinary clinic has modern, well-maintained facilities and equipment in an environment that is comfortable and safe for you and your pet.
- Information: the clinic has well-organised data storage systems to ensure your pet’s health records can be easily accessed and updated.
Safety: any medication dispensed is clearly labelled and appropriately packaged, so you know exactly how and when to medicate your pet.
And because BESTPRACTICE is currently a voluntary programme, you know when you choose an accredited clinic or hospital that your veterinarian stands by their excellence because they volunteer to be audited every two years.